Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Winter is on its way

It is starting to get quite chilly and the days are getting significantly shorter (it's dark by 4:45 now). Winter is setting in. I went for a walk today because the sky was so clear and it was absolutely beautiful out. I went down to the beach to find some crazy surfers out, enjoying the waves. A little too chilly for me, I'm afraid.

On a completely unrelated note, I've been attending a church here called Holy Trinity of the Church of Scotland. I've been quite enjoying it, although I do find the assistant minister to be better than the head minister. It's a fantastic building that takes my breath away everytime I walk in. I love the organ and the choir there and the accoustics are excellent. So all in all, I've been enjoying myself in my mundane everyday life (however, it's still awesome that I live in such a great place). I've still been doing tons of reading and am starting to get a feel for what I'll be working on for my dissertation. I'm hoping to go on some crazy adventures over the next month so hopefully my entries will become a little more exciting.

3 Comments:

At 02 November, 2006, Blogger Courtney said...

I know all about the mundane life. At least I have the ocean nearby too...interesting that we both live right by the ocean, but are so far away. I feel a Disney song coming on...

 
At 03 November, 2006, Blogger skye said...

What??!!!

Rory is an awesome minister... not only is he from Skye, but he did his training at my old church in Portree, and I think he's gone from nothing but strength to strength since he's got to Holy Trinity! No way can he be beat!

 
At 03 November, 2006, Blogger Medea said...

Sorry Skye,
I didn't mean it like that, maybe he was having an off week. I just really liked the assistant. I've heard excellent things about him so I'm going to continue going and not make up my mind yet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home