Saturday, September 23, 2006

It's a Small World

I met all (or at least most of) the other postgraduate students in my department yesterday. There is sort of an interesting mix of Brits, Americans and Canadians with a couple other people from other countries in Europe. I got into a great conversation with one American about Hockey which made me feel kind of like I was back in Canada for a moment. Apparently he has subscribed to a North American sports network on his TV and watches the play-offs quite religiously so I will be able to cheer on my team! One of the other Canadians actually grew up in Calgary, graduated from the same high school as I did, and did his undergrad at the same place that I did. It was very random. Who would've thought that I would find someone that close to me, experience wise, half way around the world. Weird!

1 Comments:

At 23 September, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe how cute you are! And also, learn how to make those deep fried mars bars, cuz my mouth is WATERING. Have you found your rich man with a castle yet?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home