Thursday, October 05, 2006

Haggis

One of my housemates and I were invited by another friend of ours to go down to the leisure centre yesterday to go swimming. It feels so great to get back into exercising. I do a ton of walking here but haven't been doing nearly enough physical exercise in the last two weeks. We had a great time, except for some random kids who thought it would be a good idea to jump off the side of the pool into the lanes. Needless to say, I was nearly jumped on three or four times since they weren't really looking at who was around them. Also, here they don't have separate change rooms. It's one big room with lockers and then little changing cubicals on the sides. Weird. That will definitely take some getting use to.

Last night, Pirates of the Carribean II was showing at the movie theater (the late night show) so I finally got to see it. The special effects were amazing but the story was kind of lame. A little disappointing actually. O well, I got to see the love of my life (Johnny Depp) so that's all that really matters.

After getting to bed by about 2, I figured it would be a great idea to get up this morning at 6:30 to go swimming again. It was definitely a better experience (no kids around) but I'm definitely not 100% today. I need my sleep. I think I may go to bed tonight right after dinner.

The best part of my day was lunch! We had Haggis! As long as you don't think about what it is (kind of the same as sausages and hotdogs) it's actually quite good. Kind of tastes like Tortiere or Meatloaf. So now I've had the complete scottish experience.

2 Comments:

At 05 October, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwww -M

 
At 06 October, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree.....eeeeeeeeeeeewwwwww!

RS (nee C)

;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home