Sunday, October 01, 2006

BBQs and Bonfires

Some americans in my residence decided to have a Southern style cookout yesterday. John (the one BBQing) has been to culinary school and so decided to treat us all to his fabulous cooking. It was amazing. He made ribs that were so tender they fell right off the bone, and chicken that was like nothing I have ever tasted. There ended up being about 50 of us there with so much food I think everyone thought they were going to explode. We ended up having a bunch of tourists come by (since our house is right by the ancient ruins, we always have tourists coming by) to see what we were up to. But all in all, it was an enjoyable time.

Today ended up being much more low key. I decided that since we live in such an amazing place, we should go down to the beach and have a bonfire. This was something I use to do a lot when I lived in Victoria and really missed it. So, off we went to the store to buy some wood (since they don't have any drift wood here) and went down the beach and roasted marshmallows and made smores. Ended up being a fantastic, relaxing night of just hanging out around the fire and watching the sun set and the moon rise. What a great way to end the weekend.

Oh, and I did some reading as well.

1 Comments:

At 02 October, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

G,
Wow....you're making me want to come to the UK much sooner than I can afford.
It looks amazing!
PS - I think I had about 3 little breakdowns last week so I think I got you beat.
Good luck babe....I'm sure you're doin' great.

Toodles,
Rob

 

Post a Comment

<< Home